Bones for Life® (BFL) is an exercise program created by Ruthy Alon as a natural movement-based alternative for improving bone health and preventing osteoporosis. It is based on the work of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais. The uniqueness of the BFL program lies in its use of weight-bearing patterns to teach safe transmission of force through the skeleton, without causing shearing stress in vulnerable joints.
Themes of the BFL Program include:
- Promoting an optimally upright posture
- Aligning the spine to prevent cervical and lumbar compression
- Facilitating postural stability in all weight-bearing activities
- Distributing loads proportionally throughout the entire skeletal system
- Cultivating anatomical flexibility of the joints, and resilience of the bones
- Upgrading the ability of bone to withstand pressure by using rhythmic pulsations
- Training the hip joints to safely sustain body weight while in motion
- Restoring functional springiness to the knees
- Practicing ergonomic weight-lifting
Your improved upright posture radiates a confident Body Language of Leadership, and also inspires a joyous spirit which Ruthy Alon calls “Biological Optimism”.